Convincing Your Partner / Myths About Vasectomy
Convincing your partner that vasectomy is the right choice for birth control is a simple task. That is because vasectomy truly is the safest, cheapest, and most effective form of birth control. To convince your partner, just present the following facts:
- Vasectomy does not cause any hormonal changes, nor will it change his sexual function or desire.
- Vasectomy will not significantly change the character or quantity of his ejaculation. It simply blocks the sperm cells from being in the seminal fluid.
- The local anesthetic used is injected into the skin of the scrotum, not into the testicle.
- The no scalpel vasectomy is an innovative method of performing a vasectomy. It is done through a single small puncture through the scrotal skin, not an incision. It does not even require a stitch or a suture to close the skin.
- MAN UP! The burden of birth control and child bearing needs to be shared. Tell him that stepping up for a vasectomy is an important way for him to do his share.
- A Board Certified Urologist is a fully trained surgeon, and the no scalpel vasectomy is commonplace and easy for him. The procedure is safe and easy to perform.
- Show him the less than perfect options in our COMPARING OPTIONS section.
- Again: Vasectomy is the safest, cheapest, and most effective form of birth control.